Thursday, February 22, 2007

i want a boy...

i want a boy---


who can wrestle with me
and let me win.
who i can talk to about anything
who laughs at my jokes.
a boy who puts my cold hands
in his warm hoodie pockets.
who lets me use his sweatshirt
for a pillow.
who buys me 25 cent rings,
and sticky hands.
who says i love you & means it.
who will kiss me in the rain,
in the sunshine, and in the snow.
who calls unexpectedly.
who will have many inside jokes
with and me remember each one.
a boy who notices girls haircuts.
who realizes that girls say things
but dont always mean them.
who shows up at my games,
slipping in the door.
who i can go swimming with
on hot days.

who can tell me his problems
and let me help.
who will listen to me talk--
about the new nail polish i got.
who will let me beat him up
when i get angry.

who writes love letters to me,
but doesnt send them.
who draws pictures and slips them
gently into my locker slot.
a boy with deeps eyes,
that can see through faces into depths.
who gives me his t-shirt to change into
and not expect to get it back.

who knows my favorite color, song,
car, vegetable, perfume and
the color of my toothbrush.
a boy who will shake my dads hand
and look my mother in the eye.
who will call me by my full name--
first, middle and last.

a boy who will kiss me and
tell me im pretty.
a boy who will let me cry to him.
who will squeeze my hips just right.
who surprises me and compliments
my manicure and plays with my hair.

who knows when i have a math test
or when i fail one.
a boy who smells like
he just stepped out of the shower.
who wears cologne that i can subtly
smell when im leaning on his shoulder.
who tells me i have a nice laugh
and a smile that light up the room
and simply be mine to hold...

No comments: