Friday, August 24, 2007

Love Actually

Once upon a time, there was a woman, who had a conversation with God. And it went something like this…

Woman: Lord, I’ve been the wedding planner for my dream nuptials since high school. I’m graduating right now, never been kissed, and still longing for my first romance. I won’t be forever young, you know.

God: Child, somewhere in time, I wrote everyone’s love story:

  • Adam asked, “When did You create this perfect woman?,” and I said, “while you were sleeping.”
  • For Kate and Leopold, he was her first knight.
  • When Harry met Sally, he had learn many things in courtship,’twas almost like groundhog day, but their relationship ended always. There’s no formula, but I promise your love story will be as good as it gets.
W: Well, you’ve always been right. Hope floats. Lord, please don’t let me go through 50 first dates with true love remaining far and away.

G: I’ve been working on it. I just eliminated the 3 musketeers: Shrek, who only wanted a French kiss. Don Juan de Marco, always thinking of dirty dancing. And Robin Hood, who is such an untamed heart.

W: Puwede huwag naman pong parang beauty and the beast kami?

G: Child, you’re a pretty woman inside. He’ll be no ghost.

W: Can it start with a walk to remember?

G: (Smiling) Your true love won’t be at first sight, but it’ll be quite a phenomenon when you get up close and personal. He’ll have sense and sensibility, be a cutting edge guy and a good family man. Stay tune with my Word, pray, listen to other Christians. For one fine day…your top gun will be at the altar uttering the words “only you.”

W: Promise it’s going to be a walk in the clouds?

G: Ever after

W: (Beaming) Life is beautiful.

THE END
Can you relate to the article? (sighs) The point of the matter is, God wants you to have the BEST not the second best. He is not yet finish writing your love story. He is still preparing someone for you. Now, are you willing to wait?
With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgement.
Proverbs 3:5

No comments: